Monday, October 4, 2010

Becca


Yesterday I got news that one of my best friends in the entire world was moving…to another country.

I really did not take the news well, and neither did my other best friend.

See, we were The Bermuda Triangle. We were unstoppable! We had the best times together. And now…one of us is moving far, far away.

We were not always the Three Musketeers. At one time we were the Four Musketeers. And then one day we were just three.

(Don’t ask me what happened. I honestly don’t know.)

But when our fourth friend moved on, it was just the three of us hanging out all the time, every week, and having a blast.

Then I got the news.

I now realize as you get older, things change. You change. Your friends change. Everything changes.

You think your entire life that you and your friends are going to grow up together. Get three houses in a row in a great neighborhood.

Each of us would get married and have kids and live happily ever after.

But that’s not reality.

And when you first realize that, it’s a big smack in the face.

Things are going to change, I know. My friends are going to go to college, move away, start getting “serious” with their boyfriend (or girlfriend) and move on.

So for now, I’m going to spend as much time with them as possible. And try to live a happy, laughter-filled, teenage life…

3 comments:

  1. Awww..... ((( Becca and the other 2 musketeers ))) I will say that I know a little about what you're feeling, my dad was in the army and we moved every 3 years. The most traumatic was moving from Texas to Virginia between 11th & 12th grade. I'm not very good at being a pen pal and lost touch with friends, a couple I've found on FB now so that's cool. Anyway, with email, FB, etc it will be easier for you to keep in touch so that's a good thing. The other thing is now you'll have a buddy in a new exciting place to go and visit!! Get your passport now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter is so good for what ails you. Try to find it wherever you go. Be sure to get Skype - you and your friend can still stay connected and close. If you haven't started a journal, Becca, now's the time. You clearly possess a gift for expression and words. Writing down your thoughts and feelings is immensely therapeutic.

    Hugs from the midwest,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Becca -

    Thank you for the love and the kind thoughts. It makes me feel better to know that other people have experienced it (and survived). I'm just going to try and spend as much time as possible with him before he leaves.

    Love,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete